Publishing Strategies for Non-profit Organisations
By Pippa Smart, Research Communication and Publishing Consultant, PSP Consulting
Date: Monday, February 21, 2011, 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
Venue: Furama Hotel, Chiang Mai
The seminar is free of charge. We will receive only 20 participants. Please mail confirmation of your attendance to Mekong Press Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mekong Press would like to cordially invite you to an upcoming day-long workshop on publishing strategies for NGOs and university centers. The workshop will introduce participants to developments in publishing, particularly the introduction of e-publishing, and will cover a range of different publications, from learning materials to short leaflets.
The workshop will be conducted in English but is being held for Southeast Asia nationals.
- What is happening in publishing?
- Current and emerging publishing and technology trends, as well as reader and user needs
- Formats and products
- Existing publishing products and formats, and how these and user needs are changing
- Current business models and distribution channels
- An overview of current and emerging business, sales, and distribution models, including opportunities and threats to these models, e.g., open access publishing
- IPR in the digital age
- An overview of intellectual property rights and the issues and problems that online publishing is revealing
- Developing a publishing strategy
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses and making changes to improve the efficiency and sustainability of non-profit publishing endeavours
Pippa Smart is a British national that has worked in academic and research publishing for over 20 years. She has extensive experience running workshops for publishers and editors around the world.
Please contact the coordinator, Pannida Bhumiwat, at email@example.com or +66 053 22 6625 if you would like to reserve a place or have any questions